Welcome! The Waggle Dance help centre is where you can get answers to the most commonly asked questions. Just click on a help topic and the information is right there. If we haven’t answered your question, please email email@example.com or phone us on 1300WAGGLE / 1300 924 453 and we will gladly assist you.
Help Topic 1 - HOW IT WORKS
- CHOOSE Choose your gift from one of our categories, and if you need any help with your choice, contact our concierge who will gladly assist you. You don’t need to nominate a specific date for your gift to be enjoyed, as recipients have 12 months to book their gift from the date of purchase, allowing them to decide on a suitable time. If you prefer to give your gift recipient the ultimate choice, choose a generic gift certificate. They can then select their own gift, and have 12 months to do so.
- BUY Place the gift in My Gift Box. During check out you will be able to personalise a message to the recipient for your e-gift and fill out all the necessary details.
- SEND Once you have checked out, your personalised e-gift will be sent to the e-mail address you entered. You can also choose to have the gift sent to your e-mail address, to forward to the recipient when you like or directly to the e-mail address of the recipient family.
- RECEIVE The recipient will receive their special gift with your personalised message in their inbox. All the details they need to know to book and enjoy their gift will be there.
- BOOK The recipient can either book through our concierge service, or contact the host directly to arrange an available date. They’ll receive a booking confirmation which they’ll need to bring with them on the day.
- ENJOY Experience the joy of gifting and receiving an unforgettable gift.
Help Topic 2 - MONETARY GIFT CERTIFICATES
A Gift Certificate is a generic Waggle Dance gift certificate with a dollar value that can be used as currency to purchase from the Waggle Dance website. This is a convenient choice if you want to give the recipient family the choice of selecting their own gift, or if you don’t have the time to browse and select one yourself. Gift Certificates are valid for 12 months. We give you the option of nominating your own amount. During checkout you can choose a theme for your certificate depending on the occasion you are gifting for. You can also personalise a message to the recipient. Your gift certificate and message will be delivered in a special E-gift to the recipient family, with instructions on how to use the certificate to purchase that special gift.
Help Topic 3 - SENDING AND RECEIVING THE GIFT
We want to make sure that your gift always arrives on time, and that you can send it instantly for those last minute shopping emergencies, so we created a special E-Gift to enable you to do just that – a ‘digital’ gift that is visually appealing to the child who will be receiving it, with detailed instructions for the parents on how to arrange the gift. No shipping processes to monitor en environmentally friendly. Emails from an unknown source can end up in a ‘junk’ folder, so please send the gift to your own inbox and then forward it to the gift recipient, or alert the recipient family to keep an eye on their inbox for the gift. It is your responsibility to provide us with the correct email address when purchasing. If the recipient doesn’t receive the E-gift, please contact us immediately on 1300WAGGLE or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can send to an alternative email address. There are many fun ways parents can wrap the gift for their little one if they want something to put under the tree or give on the special day. Read about some ideas HERE
Help Topic 4 - VALIDITY OF GIFTS
The Gift Voucher validity period is 12 months from date of purchase unless otherwise stated. Gifts must be booked and undertaken prior to the expiry date printed on the Voucher, otherwise the Voucher will be deemed to be invalid and Waggle Dance will accept no liability. Gift Certificates are valid for 12 months from the date of purchase. Once a Gift Certificate has been used by the recipient to purchase a specific gift on the website, that voucher is valid for 12 months from the date of purchase.
Help Topic 5 - AVAILABILITY OF GIFTS
The recipient is free to book their preferred date within the Voucher/Certificate validity period. Experiences/Services/Events are subject to availability, and in some cases may be subject to weather conditions. If your gift is weather dependent we advise telephoning the host before you set out, to confirm that the event will take place. To avoid disappointment, we recommend that gift recipients book well in advance – at least 6-8 weeks for the majority of gifts. During peak periods, or if you want to book a specific date, it may be necessary to allow a longer notice period, although some operators may occasionally be able to fit in a booking at short notice. You must undertake your gift before the expiry date printed on your Voucher. We strongly advise that you do not make any travel, accommodation or other arrangements until you have received confirmation of your booking. Bookings are not considered finalised until you have received the email entitled “Your Waggle Dance Booking Confirmation”. Please be advised that some gifts may display availability dates, or a limited number available, on the our website. These dates and quantities are guidelines only and are subject to change, as other customers may be purchasing or booking that gift while you are browsing the same gift. We suggest if you plan to purchase a Voucher for a date listed at short notice, you contact us at email@example.com or phone 1300WAGGLE to ensure there is still availability, before completing the transaction. Once a date has been booked with a host, your Voucher is deemed to be used at that point and can no longer be exchanged or refunded. All Waggle Dance Gifts are offered subject to availability.
Help Topic 6 - EXCHANGES
Gift Vouchers are flexible. If the gift you received is not suitable and you want to exchange it, this is what you need to know:
- You can exchange most of the gifts on our website unless otherwise stated in the gift information.
- The Gift Voucher must be valid, not subject to a booking already made with a host, and unused.
- Please notify us in writing via email firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to exchange a gift.
- We will cancel that Gift Voucher and issue you with a Gift Certificate to the same value of as the original gift voucher you received.
- Please use the Gift Certificate we issue to purchase a gift of your choice for the same or greater value, on our website. If the new gift is more expensive than the original one, you can pay the difference during checkout.
- The Gift Certificate will be valid for 12 months from date of issue. Once you choose a new gift on the website and check out using your Gift Certificate, the Gift Voucher for the specific gift you chose will be valid for 12 months from date of purchase.
- Exchanges do not apply to Gift Certificates of a dollar value.
Help Topic 7 - REFUNDS
If you have purchased a gift from Waggle Dance and you change your mind, you can request a refund within 30 days of the purchase date. Refunds can be made on unused, not yet booked, and unexpired vouchers bought direct from the Waggle Dance website. A refund cannot be given once you have booked your gift in with the host. Refunds can only be made to the purchaser, and the monies will be refunded directly via the original method of payment. Refunds cannot be given on expired, extended or exchanged vouchers. Please inform us in writing via email to email@example.com if you wish a refund on a purchase. Refunds do not apply to Gift Certificates of a dollar value. In the rare event that a Gift Host is no longer able to provide the experience/service/event specified, an alternative will be suggested. If no suitable alternative can be found, the purchaser of the gift will be refunded at the original purchase price.
Help Topic 8 - RESTRICTIONS
Some Experiences/Services/Events are subject to restrictions. These could include (but are not limited to) age, height, weight, physical and medical restrictions, and may vary from host to host, so please check before making your booking. It is your responsibility to ensure that you choose an Experience/Service/Event appropriate for the intended recipient, and it is the responsibility of the recipient to double check that the restrictions are not prohibitive. If you are unsure of suitability please telephone us on 1300WAGGLE or email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to advise you.
Help Topic 9 - VOUCHER EXTENSIONS
We do not offer extensions on Gift Vouchers beyond their 12 month validity. As our gift recipients are children and some gifts have age restrictions, if vouchers are extended beyond 12 months, the child may be in a different age group. If unforeseen circumstances do not allow you to use your gift within its validity period, please contact us on 1300WAGGLE or email email@example.com. We’ll assess the situation and advise you of a remedy and of any additional fees that may be associated with the extension of the voucher.
Help Topic 10 - TRANSFER OF GIFTS
All valid and unused Waggle Dance Gift Vouchers or Gift Certificates are fully transferable prior to booking. Once your gift has been booked with the host however, you can no longer transfer your voucher to another person. If you transfer a Waggle Dance Gift voucher to another person, it is your responsibility to make sure that the gift you are transferring is suitable for that person. Waggle Dance accepts no responsibility for any stolen or fraudulent Gift Vouchers. It is the holder’s responsibility to ensure the safekeeping of the Gift Voucher(s).
Help Topic 11 - LOST GIFT VOUCHERS
If a Waggle Dance Gift Voucher is received and subsequently lost, the recipient may be eligible to have a replacement voucher emailed to them. Conditions for replacement of lost Waggle Dance Gift Vouchers:
- The voucher is still valid and has not yet been exchanged or used.
- Proof of purchase is provided – either an order number, purchaser’s full name or purchaser’s email address.
- Waggle Dance is able to verify you as the original recipient.
Please note it is the voucher recipient’s responsibility to obtain and provide Waggle Dance with all required verification details. Failure to do so will mean no replacement voucher can be issued.
Help Topic 12 - CHANGING A BOOKING DATE
Once you make a booking with a host you are bound by their Terms and Conditions. Make sure you understand their regulations regarding changing or cancelling a booking (particularly at short notice), as a refund will not be offered in the case of infringement . Waggle Dance Cancellation policy may provide a replacement Gift Voucher in the event of cancellation by the participant owing to circumstances beyond their control. Please click on the heading: “What if something unforeseen happens?” on the gift page of the gift you intend to buy to read about the Terms and Conditions for that particular gift.
Help Topic 13 - CANCELLATION BY GIFT HOST
If the host/operator cancels an Experience/Service/Event either before, or on the day of the event, due to circumstances beyond their control, the host will arrange to re-book the participant at a mutually agreed time, on our behalf. Waggle Dance cannot be held liable for any costs, including (but not limited to) travel expenses or pre-booked accommodation costs incurred by the participant, in the event of a cancellation. Waggle Dance total liability for any claim in connection with Waggle Dance gift shall be limited to the price paid for the gift.
Help Topic 14 - PROBLEM SOLVING
We welcome your feedback on all of our gifts. If you encounter a problem on the day, please bring it to the attention of the host or operator at the venue immediately, so they have a the opportunity to put matters right. If you attempted resolution but the problem was not resolved on the day, please contact us on 1300WAGGLE or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org within a week of your experience, providing your Gift Voucher number, participant’s name, venue details, and whom you spoke to on the day. We will be happy to discuss the matter with the host on your behalf. Please note that the host/operator will have the opportunity to investigate and respond to the issue.
Help Topic 15 - INSURANCE
Experience/Service/Event operators warrant that they maintain appropriate public liability and/or professional indemnity insurance for all risks associated with their business and service provisions. Gift hosts and the staff or contractors who work directly with the children are all required to have a valid Working with Children Checks. We make no warranty or representation about their business or services.The responsibility rests with you to make independent enquiries with the experience provider or other third parties, as to the need to acquire your own insurance cover.